Monday, August 17, 2015

Cilantro Lime Chicken and Spanish Quinoa

We went to my parents house the other night, and my mom made us dinner. I love when I don't have to cook a homemade meal, and my taste buds were happy! One thing I love about the 21 Day Fix is that you don't have to sacrifice flavor to be healthy. I think we, as a society, have gotten so into quantity over quality that people have forgotten what TRUE delicious food tastes like. I've had several months of retraining my taste buds, and my body is so grateful for it! Anyway, rant over. I had to share these recipes with you!

Cilantro Lime Chicken
4 chicken breasts
2 limes
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper
1/2 Tbsp oil
Cilantro to taste

Serving size is 1 chicken breast. Counts as 1 red and 1 teaspoon

Zest and juice limes, crush garlic, and add all ingridients to a zip lock bag. Marinade chicken for 2-3 hours. Grill on barbecue, or bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees when inserted into chicken halfway.

Spanish Quinoa
2 cups quinoa
5 cups water
1 Tbps coconut oil
4 tsp chicken buillon
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
1 15oz can of tomato sauce
1 small can green chilis
1-2 tsp cummin
Cilantro

Melt coconut oil in a medium to large saucepan om medium high heat. Toast quinoa. Crush galic and chop onion, add to toasted quinoa. Add water, tomato sauce, green chilis, bullion, and cummin, simmer for 10 minutes. Add cilantro to taste.

Serving size 1/2 cup. Counts as 1 yellow and one teaspoon
Roasted Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 onion sliced
Peppers sliced
Coconut oil or Extra virgin olive oil
Pepper and sea salt to taste

Cut Cauliflower into florets, cut onion and peppers. Toss in melted coconut oil or olive oil and place on cookie sheet. Add pepper and sea salt to taste. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Serving size would be 1 1/4 cup. Counts as 1 green
I wish I had more pictures for you guys! I'll have to make it soon, and I'll do step by step pictures. I'd do anything for more of this food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *