Monday, August 31, 2015

BBQ Pulled Pork

I love days where I realize I tell someone I'll make them dinner, and then have to throw it all together at the last minute. Usually this doesn't turn out very well for me, but last night it did! Thank goodness!

My parents have moved out of their home. My husband and I lived there for a month when we first got married. We lived there for a year after my daughter was born while we saved up for a home. If you've read my story, my brother passed away there. Anyway, it has been an emotional weekend helping them move out.

They're temporarily renting a friend's home, so they hadn't unpacked, and hadn't gone grocery shopping, so I offered to make them dinner. Sunday morning before we left for church, I dug through my kitchen knowing I wanted to do something easy in the crock pot.

We had pork roast. That's pretty much it for meat. I was out of potatoes. No whole wheat rolls, or buns or any type of bread product. I need to go grocery shopping.

So brown rice it is! This dinner actually turned out pretty yummy, even the kids liked it!

BBQ Pulled Pork
Pork Loin 
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup water

Place all ingredients in crock pot, cook on Low for 8-10 hours. Meat is ready when it falls apart easily. Shred with two forks, pulling away from each other. 

We put ours on top of brown rice, had cooked carrots, and salad with homemade ranch dressing. I love simple, quick meals. This one will be repeated at least once a month from now on at our house.


1 comment:

  1. What is your recipe for homemade ranch?! This post makes me hungry!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *