Monday, August 3, 2015

Chocolate mug cake

I crave cake at least once a week. Usually, it sounds better than it actually tastes. I think, mmm frosting and sprinkles sound delicious, and then I'm left dissatisfied and sad I broke my diet. So I stopped caving in to these stupid cake cravings. UNTIL I saw a wonderful post about chocolate mug cake. AND, it's 21 Day Fix approved!

Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Mug Cake
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology (you could use vanilla and add 2 tsp cocoa powder)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
2 tbsp almond milk
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Mix all the ingredients in a mug and microwave for 70-90 seconds, keeping an eye on the mug to make sure it doesn't over flow. Turn mug upside down on a plate or in a bowl as soon as you remove it from the microwave. Add fruit, chocolate sauce (melt 1 tsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp cocoa powder, and honey to taste), peanut butter, Arctic Zero ice cream, honey, nuts, or eat it plain. This counts as 1 1/2 Red, plus whatever you add to it.

I decided to have mine with raspberries and drizzle some chocolate sauce I made on top. I've tried it with a spoon full of peanut butter inside, and that's good too. This program is amazing. I love that you don't have to talk yourself out of things all the time, just sometimes when they're completely terrible for you! But you want chocolate cake, BOOM, here's some chocolate cake. And it's good for you!

Like this recipe! Leave me your email address and I'll send you more tried and true recipes I've tried once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *