Thursday, August 6, 2015

Chicken Salad Sandwich

It's my night out! Except that I opted to stay in, so my husband took everyone and I have a quiet house to myself! This is very rare, so I better hurry and finish this post and then enjoy it!

I've been craving chicken salad sandwiches and apple Waldorf salads. I just love summer, and fruit, and eating light. Because I don't have to worry about everyone for dinner tonight, I decided to make a simple meal. So tonight I'm having a chicken salad sandwich! Mmmm!

Chicken Salad Sandwich
Pita bread or whole wheat wrap
1 purple container of grapes
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 chicken breast
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
pepper and pink Himalayan or sea salt to taste

Cut grapes in half and chop the veggies, add to mixing bowl.
Shred a chicken breast in Kitchen Aid or with two forks. Add to grapes and veggies.
Stir in yogurt and apple cider vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add salad to pita bread, a wrap, or enjoy it plain!
This counts as 1 1/2 red, 1 green, 1 purple, and 1 yellow
Now I'm going to go take advantage of no kiddos for a little while! Let me know what you think of this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *