Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Try it Tuesday- Turkey Zucchini Burgers

Every Tuesday, I'm going to start sharing a recipe I've tried, what we think of it, and how I made it (I don't always follow recipes as stated before and bellow).

I just want to start with a little warning that I was getting my butt kicked by a cold yesterday, so this food may or may not have tasted good. My husband said it was good, but he’ll eat anything! The true test was my daughter, and she ate her entire burger! I wish I could have tasted it!

I found this recipe on simplecleanfitness.com, but as usually, I scanned the recipes, got the gist of the ingredients, and then did my own thing. This usually makes the recipes simpler, so if you’re looking for a simplified recipe, I’m your girl!

Turkey Zucchini Burgers
1 zucchini (grated)
1 package of ground turkey, 1.25 lbs
½ yellow onion, minced
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Lettuce
Desired condiments

Mix ingredients in medium bowl (I used my hands). Form fist sized patties once ingredients are well blended. (At this point I put patties in our George Forman, we don’t have a BBQ grill at the moment. It takes about 5 minutes and the light turning off indicates they are done). Barbecue patties on grill, or on stove top in a pan, 5-6 minutes on each side until done. Place desired condiments on top of burger and then wrap in lettuce.

I hate touching meat, so making the patties was the worst part. I may or may not have used an entire package of sanitize wipes last night. 
Disclosure: Okay so I’m not a recipe writer, I’ll get better I promise. I also made sweet potato fries They did get a little crispy, and I didn’t peel them as instructed in her recipe! I also didn't coat them in corn starch. We just washed them, cut them, drizzled coconut oil on them, and then shook a little salt on them. 
Overall it was a pretty easy dinner to make, and my family ate it! We're having the left over burgers for lunch and I'm crossing my fingers I can taste them then! Well I hope you all have a great Tuesday! Checkout my Facebook page (KStoker Fitness) for a giveaway I'm announcing later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *