Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Sweet&Spicy Chicken and Sausage Soup

This was dinner TONIGHT. I think it's really important I tell you this because usually I make dinner, hang out with my family, put the kids to bed, watch a show and maybe check out Facebook. I don't post the same day I make stuff. I have already blogged a million times today. But my husband ate his dinner, after biking with friends, and said, "honey, you need to post this ASAP. It's delicious. I want a second bowl." And I gave him a second bowl! And then pulled out my lap top.

The funny part about this dinner was when I started it, it was freezing in our house. I was thinking soup would be nice. Then, it got to be over 90 today, and it turned into a furnace in our house. Eating spicy food is never fun when you're already sweating. It makes you feel 20xs warmer. It was still good though. I can't wait till it's 20 degrees cooler and we can make it again.

The other funny part about this is that I wasn't thinking about the fact that the sausage is already chicken. But that's okay. Chicken and chicken go together, right?

Sweet & Spicy Chicken and Sausage Soup
3 chicken breasts (or 1/2 of the number of people, so 4 chicken breasts for 8 people)
5 sausages
16 oz can of black beans, rinsed well
5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 16 oz cans of chicken broth
1 tbps crushed red pepper-or more depending on how spicy you would like to go
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
1 tsp dried sweet basil leaves
pepper to taste

Place chicken in crock pot. Slice sausage, place on top of chicken with potatoes, beans, seasonings and chicken broth. Place on low for 4-6 hours. Chicken is done once it's falling apart. You can cut or shred chicken and then place back into crock pot and serve.
A serving size would be 1 cup, and each serving would be 1 red and 1 yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *