Thursday, September 3, 2015

Dinner fail

Sometimes, I fail at dinner. It's not as often as it used to be. I really hate following recipes. I get distracted with doing one part of the dinner, and forget something on the stove.

Tonight was one of those nights where nothing was going right. Kallie got into the finger nail polish.
Yeah that was fun. The baby wanted to be held from the minute I walked into the kitchen. I am always so worried he'll get burned or cut or something, so I sat and held him for a little while and then put him in his jumper. This put me back a little on dinner. 

I was planning on making zucchini lasagna. As I started making dinner I realized that I was supposed to cut the zucchini length wise, instead of grating it. I guess I subconsciously wanted zucchini bread. I'll be making that tomorrow, so hopefully that turns out! I pulled out the cottage cheese and it smelled funky. As I cut up the spaghetti squash, my backup veggie for dinner, I burnt the ground turkey. Bad. As in I ruined my pan. 

I made a spaghetti squash "lasagna" or pasta bake instead. With ricotta cheese. Sans meat. I didn't love it, it would have tasted way better with the meat. But my family ate it. Here's the recipe! Try it and let me know what you think!

Spaghetti Squash Bake
1/2 spaghetti squash
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 yellow onion 
1-2 tsp fresh ground pepper
ground turkey
1 cup ricotta cheese
tomato sauce 
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese 

Clean out spaghetti middle, cut half into quarters. Place in pot, add water to about half way. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium. Cook until spaghetti squash is soft, and comes off easily. Drain. With fork, remove from skin. In a pan, saute chopped onion in olive oil. Add turkey, stir frequently until done. Add sauce, and heat thoroughly. Add spaghetti squash and ricotta cheese, stir. Place in a 8x8 pan. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. 

My kids are in bed...and I could really use a chocolate chip cookie and milk. Good thing I don't have the ingredients and I'm too lazy at the moment. Hope you all have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *