Friday, September 25, 2015

One Pot Wonder

I've seen some awesome recipes online of one pot dinners, and the idea has always interested me. I'm a big time crock pot user (NOT to be confused with pot user), but sometimes I forget to turn my crock pot on in the morning/early afternoon. I'm alllllll about the easy dinners, quick dinners, I didn't cook my husband did dinners, and this one is my favorite so far!

One Pot Pasta
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb sausage, sliced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 medium sized zucchini, diced
1 16 oz can tomato paste
2 16 oz can chicken broth
3 cups of pasta
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage, we used Aidell's apple and chicken sausage, and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the onion and pressed garlic, stir. Saute for 5 minutes.
Stir in the zucchini, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth, tomato paste, or diced tomatoes (our family doesn't like tomato chunks), and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. 


Add pasta, cover and let cook per pasta package instructions
Stir in Parmesan cheese, enjoy!

Serves 6
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins



I used brown rice spaghetti, but you could use and whole grain pasta.
A serving would be 1 cup, and would be 1 yellow, 1 red, and 1 green.

I'm kind of looking forward to left overs, and will be adding this to our menu at least every other week. I'll have to figure out some other variations as well!

Try it, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *