Friday, September 11, 2015

First Day of School

Yesterday was a very big day for our family! Kallie had her very first day of school! She has been asking to go to school since she was 18 months. She has tried to get on the bus that stops at the neighbors. Once we got into a preschool group, she has asked every day to go. FINALLY, it was time to go to school!

I woke up early, got her backpack packed, got her brother fed, made pumpkin pancakes, and waited for sleeping beauty to wake up. She slept in till 8:15! She had school at 9. It was a stressful, hectic morning.

But she was so happy and so excited, it was adorable. She ate half of the pancakes I gave her, and then was too ecstatic to finish. We got her teeth brushed, clothes on, and she was running the whole way to preschool. Until she tripped and fell and scratched her forehead.

This girl didn't want me to stay and fuss over her. We got to the door, and she didn't even look my way, just yelled, "Bye, mom!" over her shoulder.

When the baby and I got home, he was ready for a nap, so I got two hours by myself. It was awesome! I got so much done. I'm starting to see why moms love school so much! I'm going to love this new chapter of our lives. My husband came home in time for me to go pick up Kallie by myself. We walked home together hand in hand (most of the time), and she told me all about her first day of school. I remember telling my mom about school every day, and I look forward to that with my children. I'm so grateful I have the opportunity to work when I want to, so I can spend the important moments with my children.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes
1 cup Kodiak pancake mix
1 cup water
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Add all ingredients, sans chocolate chips, into mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips, or add on top of pancakes when on griddle. Grease griddle, or frying pan, with coconut oil. Pour pancake batter onto griddle or pan in medium sized circles. Cook at medium heat, or around 325 degrees, flip and cook on other side as bubbles start to surface and break.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *