Thursday, September 17, 2015

Birthday pancakes!

My little girl turned 3 today! Like all of my previous posts that include her, this one is also about pancakes. Birthday pancakes.

I've seen posts about confetti cake pancakes, and those look delicious, but they aren't great for you, lots of sugar. I decided to make my own, healthier version. When I picked her up from preschool, she told her teacher she had cake and sprinkles for breakfast, so I think I passed.

Birthday Pancakes
1 cup Kodiak Pancake Mix
1 cup water
1 egg
1/2 scoop vanilla shakeology, or other protein powder
1 tsp butter extract
1 tbsp sprinkles

Heat pan on medium heat, or plug in griddle and heat to 300 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Spray pan or griddle. Pour batter into 4-6 inch pancakes. Batter will not bubble quite the same as regular pancakes because of the sprinkles, only a few bubbles will appear.
 Once bubbles become big in size, flip pancakes.

Pancake "Frosting"
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp stevia
1/2 tsp butter extract

Whip all ingredients together until mixture is light and fluffy.

You can layer the pancakes and put the "frosting between each layer and on the top layer, and serve in sections, like a birthday cake, but my little 3 year old wasn't having that, so we did just one layer for her!

my little 3 year old



I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, or email me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *