Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Pancakes, again!

I know what you're thinking...can you make something besides pancakes? Not really, no. Plus my almost 3 year old is obsessed, and asks for pancakes every day. It's been since last Thursday, so nearly a week since the last time I made pancakes. Here's some new recipes, in case your kids ask for them all the time too, and your sick of the same old pancakes and syrup!

Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 cup Kodiak Pancake mix
1 cup water
1 egg
1/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Heat griddle to 300 degrees. Pour batter into medium sized (about 4 inches in diameter) pancakes. I usually can get 6 across my griddle, but for this mixture, I got 5 pancakes.
 Flip once bubbles start to appear and then break. Cook on other side for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.

I like these pancakes plain, but my daughter likes pure maple syrup on hers. This is the maple syrup we buy from Costco.

Today I had double chocolate chip pancakes, because I can ;)

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
1 cup Kodiak pancake mix
1 cup water
1 egg
1/2 scoop chocolate Shakeology or other chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Heat griddle to 300 degrees. Pour batter into medium sized (about 4 inches in diameter) pancakes.  Flip once bubbles start to appear and break. Cook on other side for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides. 

>additionally, you can add 1-2 tbsp ricotta cheese for extra flavor and to make the pancakes more fluffy. This also adds more protein. 

For both types, you should get 6 4-inch pancakes, or 4 6-inch pancakes. 1 6-inch pancake counts as a yellow and a teaspoon.


Sick of seeing pancakes? Me too! Message me recipes you love, and I'll make them healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *