Friday, September 4, 2015

Salted Caramel Chocolate Protein Shake

I LOVE all the shakes I've tried, but the more simple ones are usually my favorite (go ahead and call me lazy, you won't hear me denying it!) I've had this one several times, but today I was having super bad cravings, my kids are napping, and I needed something sweet and salty. My usual no-no combo.

What helps me fight cravings best? Protein shakes, hands down.

Here's my recipe!

Salted Caramel Chocolate Protein Shake
1/2 cup crushed ice
4 oz unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup water
1 scoop chocolate Shakeology (or other protein powder)
1 tsp caramel extract
dash of salt

Blend until smooth, enjoy!

For extra protein, you can add 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt! This makes the shake even more creamy.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, YES I did go to a chocolate store to get those super cute chocolates! And yes, I did eat all three of them! I would have had four if I had bought four, but I didn't want to go crazy. I totally believe in the importance of balance. I allow myself treats here and there. I don't reward myself with food anymore, but I do indulge on occasion. If you'd like to quit dieting, and learn to eat with balance, message me for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *