Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Orangesicle Protein Shake

Thanks to my friend Emily, I went on a quest for the best Orangesicle Protein Shake recipe. I tried making it several different ways, and the simplest way was the best! It was so good, I have had it every day since. I even gave up my chocolate shakes for it! CRAZY!

Here's the recipe:

Orangesicle Protein Shake
1/2 cup crushed ice
1 cup mandarin oranges
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I like the vanilla Shakeology best for this recipe)

Add all ingredients to blender, blend until smooth.

This turned out a little more liquidy (I know that's not a word) than I like it, so tomorrow I will use the oranges I put into the freezer today. Frozen mandarin oranges would thicken it I am guessing. I also recommend finding oranges that are in water, not syrup, if you are doing canned. Fresh is obviously best, but I am lazy and don't want to peel and skin mine.

Recipe counts as 1 red and 1 purple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *