Monday, October 5, 2015

Lime-Chili Chicken

I'm pretty picky when it comes to meat. I LOVE this chicken recipe. I had to share it the moment we finished dinner. Enjoy!

Lime-Chili Chicken
4 chicken breasts (I used the HUGE frozen ones from Costco, so I only used 3)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup water (unless you use frozen chicken, then you could use 1/3 cup)
3 large limes
3-4 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp chili powder
*You could also add 1 Tbsp of crushed red pepper for a little kick

3/4 cup= 1 serving: 1 Red and 1 Teaspoon

Turn crock pot on to Low. Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil on bottom of crock pot. Add chicken breasts.
 Zest 1 lime (or all three for extra flavor) over chicken. Juice all three limes over chicken.
 Press garlic or mince and add on top of chicken. Sprinkle chili powder over chicken.
Add water and cover for 4-6 hours. Once chicken falls apart, you can use two forks to shred, or keep whole.


We shredded ours, and added most of the juices from the bottom of the crock pot in to keep it moist. I made brown rice quinoa mix and we added the chicken on top. 

It would have been really good on top of Spanish quinoa! I added avocado and plain Greek yogurt in substitute of sour cream. There is something magical about the lime and avocado when they are together.

This makes around 6-8 servings. I can't wait to have left overs for lunch tomorrow. You can have it on top of salad, in enchiladas, with rice and beans, or even make nachos with it! Mmm...that gives me some great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *