Monday, December 7, 2015

Loaded Potato Soup

It was a great, rainy day today! I did yoga, wore pajamas all day, and cuddled with my kids. It got dark around 3:30, what's up with that? So dinner came early. Luckily, I started it early! Here's a delicious soup your whole family can enjoy! I plan on making this for a pot luck coming up soon.

Loaded Potato Soup
4 large russet potatoes, roughly skinned and cubed
1/2 onion diced
2 cloves of garlic
32 ounces organic chicken stock
1/2 tsp thyme
8 slices of turkey bacon (or 2 per person)
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
pepper to taste


Place potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken stock, and thyme in crock pot. Set to low for 5-6 hours. At some point during those 5-6 hours, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil, spread out bacon, and cook for 17-20 minutes, depending on how crisp you like it. After 5-6 hours, crumble the bacon and add to soup. Add cheese, unsweetened almond milk, pepper, and stir.

We added a tsp of plain greek yogurt and sprinkled cheese for this picture, but it's good without too! If you have chives, that would also be yummy!

Serving size is about 3/4 cup, makes 6 servings. Counts as 1 yellow, 1/2 red, and 1 blue.

2 comments:

  1. So thankful I came across this amazing blog! I'm beginning the Core De Force which incorporates much of the clean eating and I was feeling so overwhelmed! These recipes have really helped me clear my head. I can do this! Much love💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful I came across this amazing blog! I'm beginning the Core De Force which incorporates much of the clean eating and I was feeling so overwhelmed! These recipes have really helped me clear my head. I can do this! Much love💕💕

    ReplyDelete

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *