Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Endure it WELL

Something I've been taught my whole life in church and at home is to "Endure it well." It's so easy to be happy and positive when things are going great in our lives. When you get a promotion at work, you'll be more joyful at home. When your children are being angels, you're kinder to others. When you get a great score on a test, you'll be more cheerful with your friends. Whatever the case may be, it's true! But the true test is when things aren't going our way. We are given obstacles no matter who we are. EVERYONE has tough days, moments, weeks...How we treat others, our attitudes, and our choices during these tough times is what really matters.

One thing that has really and truly helped me during the tough times lately (not just the loss of my brother, but also bad days with my children, grumpy days, not getting enough sleep, or a grouchy husband) is exercise. I love my 30 minutes of me time. I've started exercising more because of how great I feel when I'm done. I really want to get into running again, and possibly do a half marathon one day. I can't believe I am posting this, because I feel like now I'll have to actually do it, and people will hold me accountable. I have to repeat, POSSIBLY! I MIGHT, MAYBE, ONE DAY do a half marathon. I haven't committed to that yet. ;)

But back to enduring, there is so much we have to endure. We can choose to grumble, I have grumbled a lot in my life! We can choose to be negative, and bring others down in the process-because negativity is contagious. Or we can be positive and uplift others. We can smile and make the most of it. It's not an easy task to be positive all the time. It's possible though. This is my goal. To not just inspire others to get healthy and active, but to be positive and uplift others. To help them see that we can CHOOSE to be happy, and endure the hard times WELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready to do something for YOU? Leave your info, and let's chat!

Name

Email *

Message *